Africa investor (Ai), a leading international investment group, today announced the Judges for the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) Investment Awards are now officially set to helm The inaugural NDC Investment Awards that will be presented at COP27 scheduled to take place in Egypt from November 7 to 18 this year.
The high-level judging panel consists of investors and industry experts chosen for their knowledge, objectivity, and credibility includes:
- Hubert Danso, Chairman of Africa investor Group and the Chair of the NDC Awards Adjudication panel.
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO and UN SRSG for Sustainable Energy for All, Co-Chair of UN-Energy.
- Ziad-Alexandre Hayek, President of the World Association of PPP Units (WAPPP).
- John Denton, Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Guly Sabahi, Senior Advisor: Climate Finance, NDC Partnership.
- Kandeh Yumkella, Former UN Under-Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General and CEO.
- Luisa Moreno, Managing Director of Tahuti Global.
- Hela Cheikhrouhou, Regional Vice President of the International Finance Corporation (invited).
- Mimi Alemayehou, Senior Vice President, Strategic Growth Senior Vice President, Strategic Growth, Mastercard (invited)
World governments and global development finance institutions, recognize there is no single NetZero pathway that can be met, to address the SDG’s and Paris Agreement infrastructure and energy multi-trillion dollar financing gap, for bankable green transition and net zero infrastructure projects, without exponentially increasing the scale and speed, of global institutional investor allocations, that can be rapidly deployed and perform at the project and asset level.
The NDC Investment Awards are the only international, pan-African awards that recognise and reward both public and private sector institutions who are working to innovate and break new ground to mobilize investment and private sector participation at scale, in Africa’s NDC Paris aligned climate investment commitments and projects.
The NDC Investment Awards is sponsored by the African Green Infrastructure Investment Bank (AfGIIB) as the headline partner. The awards recognize achievements across the main NDC project sectors and reward the governments, institutions, and individuals driving transactions and improving the investment readiness of Africa’s NDC projects requiring $3trn of investment by 2030.
The following categories will be recognised by the Best NDC Sector Initiatives of the Year Awards:
- Best Waste NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Energy NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Transport NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Urban Development NDC of the Year
- Best Forestry NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Agriculture NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Education NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Health NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Water NDC Initiative of the Year
- Best Tourism NDC Initiative of the Year
Hubert Danso, Chairman of Africa investor Group and the Chair of the NDC Awards Adjudication panel, commented
We are delighted to count such prominent industry leaders, committed to inspiring and showcasing innovative institutional investor-public private partnerships (IIPP), capable of reducing Africa’s multi-trillion dollar NDC climate financing and green infrastructure financing gap, requiring $3trn of investment by 2030.
Danso went on to say, ‘mobilizing capital at scale and deploying that capital at speed, must be the expectation, not the exception for African NDC investment projects’.
The deadline for entry submissions is August 24 this year, and the shortlist will be announced the following month on September 20 during UN Climate Week in New York. The Award winners will be announced in November at COP27 in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt.
To submit your entry, please click here.
To recognize exemplary Presidential leadership on Africa’s climate investment agenda, the Awards Secretariat will also present special recognition Honorary NDC Presidential Champions awards during the ceremony in Sharm El-Sheikh.
About The NDC Investment Awards Headline sponsor
The African Green Infrastructure Investment Bank (AfGIIB) is an African Union-convened and supported African institutional investor-led, global finance platform to catalyze private capital for Africa’s green transition in the run up to COP27 in Africa and beyond. Visit www.afgiib.com for more information.
About Africa investor Group
Africa investor (Ai) Group is an institutional investment holding platform that aligns its pools of capital from sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, family offices, and long-term investors with vetted infrastructure, private equity, and technology investment opportunities in Africa. Visit www.africainvestor.com for more information.